Sunday, December 27, 2015

Waving Goodbye 12: RC Mountain Line

We have to go soon, I think we just have one more song, but I wanted to tell you how the story ends.  You know, the first story, where I was in bed, and I heard bells and saw a face in the moon. Well the next day I was awoken by a knock on the door, and someone must have spoken against me, because some men came to take me away, though I had no idea of what I had done.  I asked the men. “You have to tell me what I’m accused of,” I said.  “This is America.”  One of them laughed.  “Wave goodbye, Johny Blood,” he said. “You can play one more song and then the show is over.  Wave goodbye.” Goodnight everyone.


RC Mountain Line lyrics

3 comments:

Bud said...

I like all these stories. A little Desert Shore, maybe. How'd the show go? Could've opened and closed with "We're Waving", like Scary Monsters. Love on ya!

J Blood said...

We haven't done the show yet, it'll be January 16 and 23 (still time to book a flight!) I'd hoped Dennis would use the Along Came Jones Theme to open the show, and then we could have a bookend closer, like The Beverly Hillbillies: "Goodbye, goodnight, we're still Along Came Jones!" Sadly he hasn't warmed up to the idea.

Bud said...

Sorry, can't make those dates. Hope to see you sometime this year though.