Sunday, December 27, 2015

Waving Goodbye 05: It's A Sin To Despair

When the drought finally ended and the rains came it didn’t feel like relief, it was just muddy and cold and dark all the time.  It didn’t rain hard, everything was just always wet. Then we realized it wasn’t going to stop, we’d waited so long and then finally when the rain came it wouldn’t stop, and some of the guys decided to head out but I thought I’d just stay behind. “Johny you should come,” but I, I don’t know, it seemed kind of crazy, two cubits of this and three cubits of that, gopher wood or whatever, it didn’t make sense to me. An ark, you know, it’s not a boat, it doesn’t have oars or sails, it’s just a box.  It doesn’t go anywhere, it just holds things, so anyway maybe I should have gone along but I’m glad I didn’t, and they were getting in that thing and with all those animals and I like the animals, but I know not everyone does.  It was still raining, it was so bad, so dark and ugly, and they all were hunched over with their coats over their heads getting onto that ark.   I don’t think they saw me but I was waving, bye you guys, see you later, I’ll be here, if only it weren’t so muddy and awful, anyway see you later.  I’m hoping for the best. It’s a sin to despair.


It's A Sin To Despair lyrics

No comments: