Sunday, December 27, 2015

Waving Goodbye 07: Advent Calendar

I jumped and I fell and I found myself  facing twenty-five doors all lined up in a row.  I opened the first one, and inside it said, “Each door is day.”  I opened the second, which said, “Each day has a number.”  The next said, “Each number has a secret symbol”.  Then, “Each symbol is an opening”. “Each opening holds a treat.”  “Each treat is the whole world.”  “Each world is a face.”  “Each face is a saint.” “Each saint has a bird.”  “Each bird is a stained glass window.”  “Each window has a message.” “Each message is a piece of candy.” “Each candy is a sunrise.”  “Each sunrise is a candle on a cake.” “Each candle is a nail in your coffin”.  “Each coffin holds a gift”. “Each gift can be counted.” “Each counting is a snowflake.”  “Each snowflake makes a storm.”  “Each snowstorm is a globe”.  “Each globe is a stage”.  “Each stage hosts a tragedy”. “Each tragedy is a window.” “Each window is a mirror.”

The last door just had another door behind it.  When I opened that door, there was a song inside.  The song was called “Advent Calendar”.


No comments: