Sunday, January 24, 2010

today's anecdote

I won't go through all of the iterations of the anecdote, non-being, nothingness, and the various connections between each of them, but I will consider it a unique experience to be able to write the post after the comments nonetheless.

I spent the weekend with my parents and one of my daughters at Deep Creek, where some of the band shared one of my honeymoons. At one point during the weekend, my parents and I had a brief discussion about what it was like to grow up in a house where one of the highest compliments ever offered was "well, maybe, you're not all bad."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is the most insightful one yet.

J Blood said...

Interesting insight on the being of not-being. Parmenides himself could not have done better.

Bud said...

My mind holds the world in its hand.

JimPreston said...

My hand holds your hand in my mind.