Friday, May 11, 2007

Maggie got a fan letter from someone named Erik in Geneva who said that he had known me in the 80s. It turns out he was one of the international school kids who used to caddy at the Geneva Golf Club. I do in fact remember him and he says he recognized me from the band photo. Apparently he studied ethnomusicology at the University of Stockholm, with an emphasis on Balkan and gypsy music. He plays in a band himself and even played at Fast Fun’s old haunt, the Sud des Alpes. My, my.

1 comment:

Bud said...

I remember him too. Tall blond kid, one of the few to attend our show in that long bar on the street behind the Rhone, where the bar regular waved the white flag of surrender after a rousing couple of numbers. Seem to remember wandering around the Jardin Anglais with Erik too, looking for what else.