Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Mr Blood

Dear Johny,
I know it's a day early but am on my way to an island in the Arabian Sea to celebrate Diwali far away from the smoke and noise of Bombay and so will be out of reach of telephone, GSM, GPRS, etc. Indi, Mira, Jai and I wish you a very happy birthday. The kitties are all well, though Juhu's become a bit of a refugee since Patch gave birth. We see him every once in a while but he's terrified of the little mama, which confuses her more than she is already. Her teenage pregnancy has messed her mind up, in the immortal words of Jeff Simmons.
Jai, in addition to baritone for the school band, has now taken up the bass. First riff: White Stripes. Thought you should know.
Love

1 comment:

J Blood said...

Thanks for the kind birthday wishes and I'm very proud of Jai. The baritone is an awesome, and unjustly neglected, horn. Perhaps I could teach him the lead part to "Cathedrals" as well as the bass part to "Out of the Deep".

The Doctor in the family would like me to remind you of the virtues of feline family planning (which has however done nothing at all to promote concord amoung our cats).