Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Last night I dreamed we were all playing together again. I lent Peter my accordion, and Jimmy was playing the Marauder and I was playing my baritone ukulele with some kind of little pick-up on it, and Bill Ney was there with an acoustic guitar—he’s a Springsteen fan, but a nice guy for all that and I didn’t mind having him sit in. Then Tracy showed up, so I thought why not I’ll play the bass, let’s rock, and Jimmy had some new songs to work on and for once I wasn’t dreaming about waiting to go on, or finding everyone or equipment not working we were just playing so that was very nice.

2 comments:

J Blood said...

I forgot to say that James was there but he was. He wasn't singing because we were working on the tune of the new song first, or maybe he was singing but he anyway he certianly was there and I was glad to see him.

JimPreston said...

Well, my friend, I was certainly glad to see you, too. My friends at Code Pink like to come up with new words to old songs to use in our protests. I get to sing with them sometimes. Believe it or not, I can still miss every single note!!! You may have seen them yesterday on the news, singing at the Take Back America conference in DC. I missed it since I am up here in Alaska, but I'll be home next week to stop this god-damned bloody war. (don't they know.....)
p,l,m,
jim