Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well I'm back and I didn't get to the book on pigeons, though I did read I married a dead man by Cornell Woolrich and she really did marry a dead man, two in fact, though she says she didn't kill either of them. My hernia, as I believe is the rule, was caused by intestines poking through a hole in my stomach lining and didn't reach down as far as my scrotum. Fixing it up did require cutting down low in the same general area, though I wasn't in the hospital for even half a day, as one never is these days. Mostly I was at home, trying to avoid lifting things, sneezing, laughing or having the cat jump on me.

That rock-&-roll nurse, she just kept making it worse, a-shooting it to my head. Have you heard the new Dolls album? Well it's not a Dolls album at all, how could it be, it's David Jo's first rock album in 25 years. But hey, guess what, Sylvain Sylvain plays on it, and he co-wrote most of the songs.

1 comment:

Bud said...

I remember, I think, having read that Woolrich many years ago, probably on the train from Morges to Geneva and back. That's about all I remember of it. There was a certain same-y gloom and despair about his books.
As for the Dolls, I bought the new one last summer when it came out. I like it -- it's a "rock album" seventies style. I think the kids like it OK too. Not a patch on their live show though. Have you seen the Arthur Killer Kane documentary? It should be very nice.
We have another kitty now, also rescued from the streets, also very small and sickly but feisty. After much discussion, she's called Patchwork (I had suggested Pugsly, which almost stuck.) She and Juhu really adore each other. Photo to follow.
Bon retablissement, mon pote.
Oh right, check out the Eno homepage: our genius is now responsible for the sounds of a new Nokia cell phone called Scirocco. You can still bid for a signed one on auction at Ebay -- current high bids are around $800.