Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My New Accordion



I bought an accordion. It's white with sparkly gold keys, not entirely unlike the old Spartans accordion. I gave that one away about ten years ago, when buttons were falling out and not all the keys worked but since playing in polka and klezmer bands I've been wanting a new one. I had wanted to get a little shrill-voiced one without too many buttons, like maybe a chromatic concertina (if they even make them) but I had borrowed this one from Maggie of Mad same, when Ned Stone came to visit in August and sort of got seduced into getting a bigger accordion than I'd intended. It has a sweet but mellow sound with nice bass notes, not small and shrill at all. I can play most of the Fast Fun duotonic book (though not "Sweet Lycette" yet--it's the jump to F# on "Don't know what the world's coming to" that's still too hard) and am trying to learn the Simple Songs I wrote on the ukulele.

No comments: