Sunday, December 17, 2023

I Sing the Body Atomic

Me trying to channel the Captain channeling Walt Whitman (if that's not obvious)




Well ah take off your shoes

And now take off your pants

And ah take down the doors 

But leave the windows to look through

Just draw the blinds open

Draw the blinds right open

Then draw the window, draw the mirror

And keep on drawing till you draw yourself


One day the sun won’t shine

The sun will stay in bed, won’t care to shine

But I won’t mind and you won’t need to mind

As long as you can feel that beat

All ya need’s the beat, that great big atomic beat

Rub those atoms together and feel the heat

Feel the heat, heal the light

And feel my heart, feel the heat


Yeah those little atoms in orbit

All turned on and shining bright

Shining like my heart and I didn’t forget to smile today

No I didn’t forget my heart

Well we can make that sun

If we have to we can break that sun

Every atom shines on shines on through

It’s that boogie momma beat


It’s the birds and the bees you see shine through

The birds are shining and the bees are too

All that light it’s two bees shining, shine shine on

Hear that boogie-woogie beating in your heart

Draw the doors and windows and blinds wide

Open ‘em wide and deep inside you

Rub those atoms together and feel the heat

Feel the heat and feel the beat, that boogie momma beat


No comments: