Sunday, March 01, 2009

Hungry?



I've been listening to some Fast Fun in the car lately, although the CD I have is kind of scratched. I really regret not bringing a more joyful sound to the vocal stylings. It is always heartbreaking to think of all the happiness we have inside ourselves that we are unable to express to those around us. But that just gives us another chance to have some fun trying to express it in the future, right?


Anyway, I was struck by a frame of some dumb comic strip in today's Washington Post, although it did not relate to interventionist foreign policy, or even big-badness.
I'll be leaving for Egypt, Gaza, and Jordan on Wednesday with a Code Pink delegation. I'll be sure to eat before I go, prophylactically.

4 comments:

J Blood said...

That same comic ran a strip several years ago in which a man derams that he's grown fins and gone to search for a mermaid lover, until his wife wakes him up and tells him they're late for a party at the Van Vliets.

Tell my homeez over in the Holy Land that Johny Blood thinks there has to be a better way. And see what you can do about not getting run over by a tank--we still need you over here.

J Blood said...

http://www.beefheart.com/zigzag/pictures/muts.htm

JimPreston said...

Glad to know that they remember some of the great cult bands from both the US and Europe.

Bud said...

Yes indeed, watch out for cranks. And "take good care of yourself, you're a friend of mine". (That song starts "Button up your overcoat", if I recall correctly. I forget what other good advice it conveyed, but this covers a lot of ground.)