Sunday, September 14, 2008

Old News


Sorry to have neglected to describe much of the action at the Democratic Convention. I spent most of the week trying to avoid heatstroke in the parking lot where we kept our prop-shop. We did some marches, set up a 'Make Out, Not War' aerial photo, painted the buses, etc. The ladies were doing all kinds of stuff, but I was mostly just staying calm. I wore my new suit to our end-of-convention party.



More photos and writeups of our actions at codepinkalert.com. Liz Hourican, who interrupted John McCain's speech at the RNC is one of my closest pals, who rode out to Denver in our bus (which is not the pink one in the pictures, oddly enough).

5 comments:

Bud said...

Made my day

J Blood said...

Oh man, I love that jacket! The pink army lives!

JimPreston said...

The jacket is nice, but it's the pants that really take it to another level. I think of how nice it would be to have a friend in a yellow jump-suit and beatle boots standing next to me every time I put it on. Leather underwear is optional, as usual.

J Blood said...

So did your friend Liz take off her jacket to reveal the pink t-shirt (which would make sense) or did someone grab her and pull the jacket off (as it sort of appeared when I saw it on TV)?

Also, very sorry to hear that Peter Camejo died.

JimPreston said...

Probably a bit of both on the jacket. Sen. McCain is quite familiar with her, as she used to have coffee in his office every Tuesday morning, in an orange jumpsuit with a mask on. She has also been known to drive Sec. Rice completely nuts (a short trip, I will admit).
http://www.examiner.com/a-1072626~Protesters_trade_barbs_at_summit.html