Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Flag Day performance was fun. We had a capacity crowd of 35 or so, peanuts by Washington Mall street performance standards, but capacity for the hair salon/loft. The hostess made some beautiful food and bought plenty of drinks. I had expected just some cheese and raw vegetables and a bottle of white wine, but beauticians know how to throw a do. We'll be presenting a new show at the end of August, this one with music, text and film. I'll be doing a piece I presented a few years ago, based on the "Way to Sea" section of Witchenbye. I'll be in the market for texts, sounds and songs, so Jim please take notes during your Jubilee Sabbatical and pass them on. (I'm always counting on Jimmy and Peter for material). The texts of the other pieces that were performed are now available at http://www.betweenartandlife.com/ for the interestial.

1 comment:

JimPreston said...

I'm glad your performance went well. I don't write much, partly due to laziness, and partly due to the impression that the world is choking under the weight of our collective myopic and derivative verbosity. Is body painting the answer? I don't know. I saw a little rockabilly band at a local tavern last night because a friend's high-school-age son was sitting in on drums with them. I truly fail to understand the appeal in the continual re-creation of some sort of reproduction of an era, or ethos, or ambiance, that probably never really even existed in the first place. It would have made sense if they had replaced 'It's All Right Mama' with 'Smithsonian Institute Blues', but, unsurprisingly, they didn't.

I'll post some photos of our Fourth of July parade when they become available.
peace,
jim