Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm back


I was out in Pennsylvania and New Jersey last week, visiting my family for Passover.  I also saw Professor Gilbert, who had returned from DC where he welcomed the Pope to our United States.  He tells the story here.

Kevin Ayers has a new album that I just got.  He was never my favorite in the Roxy/Soft Machine/Henry Cow axis, and I find the album less exciting than, say, a new Robert Wyatt album, but one still can't help but be pleased that he still making music.

This obituary was sent by correspondent Stephin M. of Los Angeles, California.  Monsters from the id, indeed.

James, I received a ballot for the June primary.  If you have any friends running for Green party nominations in Alameda county, let me know and I'll offer them my support.

3 comments:

Bud said...

Nice to read the Rock's reportage from DC. I can picture the tiny handwriting in which it was composed.
The obituary reminds me of some very nice pieces by an artist named Joe Jones (?), a member of the Fluxus movement. There was a good retrospective on Fluxus (John Cage, Naim Pak, and many others) at the museum recently. The Jones pieces were stringed instruments hung from the ceiling that you could "play" by flicking a switch that activates little mechanical whirligigs that randomly strike and bounce on the strings. Really cheerful. Brought a smile to my face and warmth to my heart.

J Blood said...

The Joe Jones Tone Deaf Music Company is featured on fellow Fluxus alumna Yoko's album "Fly".

Bud said...

blow me down