Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Another Song fur den Heimat

O my country tis of thee
Woeful land of misery
Full of all the sorrow I can make
Land where all of my have hopes died
Lost my self-respect and pride
It's my Homeland of Heartache

There's no white house there, no front porch
The whole front lawn has all been torched
The flowers in the garden are all fake
I've no desires no demands
From the republic for which it stands
From my Homeland of Heartache

I'm lapping up a bitter sauce
Full of wretchedness and loss
All atop a big self-pity cake
I start to choke, can hardly swallow
What a tasty little wallow
It's my Homeland of Heartache

I knew a girl, she showed her breast
They took her away, it's probably best
They stripped away everything they could take
Is that justice? Who can tell
I just know there's an awful smell
In my Homeland of Heartache

3 comments:

Bud said...

i say, take me to the bridge -- i want to go to the bridge

J Blood said...

Ooowee, you're killing me. Alright, and out of sight. So tough, not tough enough.

Bud said...

That works