Wednesday, August 17, 2005

We’ve seen three movies on the big screen since moving to Woodland: “Winged Migration”, “The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill” and “March of the Penguins”, which last we saw over the weekend. Anyone who can find the pattern in our movie-going wins a free drink from the Spartan Bar. As far as “The March of the Penguins”: go see it. What did you think I’d say.

The high temperature over the weekend was finally below 100, in fact it was below 90, so I was able to go for a nice long walk with the dog during daylight hours both days. We don’t either of us like going out when it’s too hot.

I finally have a few little tomatoes in my garden. The skins are a little thick but they’re tasty.

I’ll be playing at the Cotati Accordion Festival August 26 and 27. Every year since I’ve moved to California I say I’m going to go to Cotati and then I never do, but this year I’ll be playing, and the headliner is Flaco Jimenez. Yes, Flaco himself. The group I’m playing with has the unfortunate name of The Mad Maggies (better or worse a name than 7 or 8 Worm Hearts? Discuss) but they’re a lot of fun to play with.

This is the link to the Cotati Accordion Festival.

No comments: